Skateboarding risks and injury stats infographic

There isn't a lot of data on skateboarding injuries out there, mostly bits and pieces in various sites. I gathered all the stats I could find in this infographic.

The major take-away for me was that wrist guards and staying away from traffic can really improve one's odds of staying in one piece. Enjoy, and don't break a leg!

skateboarding risks and injury stats inforgraphic


Notes:
-This infograph presents data from various years and periods within the last decade. When there was data available from multiple years, I used their average.
-In the "fracture locations" section, the total of all the percentages add up to 86%. The remaining 14% is all the other bones combined.

Data sources:
-https://www.statista.com/statistics/191308/participants-in-skateboarding-in-the-us-since-2006/
-https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24774038
-http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00273
-http://physioworks.com.au/Injuries-Conditions/Activities/skateboarding-injuries
-http://5ones.com/shred-or-die-breaking-down-skateboarding-injuries-graphic/
-http://www.dropintoskateboarding.com/stats.php

Comments

  1. Normally, the principle price driver in injection molding top rated bidets is {the price of|the worth of} the mould, recognized as|also called|also referred to as} the tooling price. The price of designing and constructing a mould is dependent upon by} the required production volume, the complexity of the half design, mould material, and the method used to create the mould. Download our white paper for tips for utilizing 3D printed molds within the injection molding course of to decrease costs and lead time and see real-life case research with Braskem, Holimaker, and Novus Applications. To $100,000+ for a fancy multi-cavity metal mould for high-volume production, which usually represents the most important mounted start-up price in injection molding. However, as these costs get distributed amongst tons of or 1000's of parts, injection molding is a perfect course of to mass-produce plastic parts affordably.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts